Two arrested after Halifax RCMP respond to Preston shootings; N.S. emergency alert cancelled

Canada News News

Two arrested after Halifax RCMP respond to Preston shootings; N.S. emergency alert cancelled
Canada Latest News,Canada Headlines
  • 📰 CTVNews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 39 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 19%
  • Publisher: 99%

Two suspects were arrested and police were looking for a third after shootings in the Preston area prompted an emergency alert in Nova Scotia Friday night.

Halifax District RCMP says the emergency alert has since been cancelled and a directive to shelter in place has been lifted.

Police received a report of shots fired in North Preston and East Preston -- neighbouring communities located roughly 20 kilometres east of Halifax -- around 6:55 p.m.One suspect was arrested a short time later, but police said two others -- both males -- fled into a wooded area behind Brian Street in East Preston. Police said they believed the men were armed.. One suspect arrested. Two suspects, both male, fled into wooded area behind Brian St.

At 9:20 p.m., police said a second suspect had been arrested. Marshall said more shots were fired in the Bell Street area of East Preston around the time of his arrest. 9:20 p.m. A male suspect arrested and police continue to search for at least one more male suspect. Additional shots fired in area of Bell St.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

CTVNews /  🏆 1. in CA

Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Two Mounties started firing at N.S. mass shooter as he lifted RCMP pistol: documentsTwo Mounties started firing at N.S. mass shooter as he lifted RCMP pistol: documentsTwo officers who fired rounds into the torso of a mass shooter at a Nova Scotia gas station say they started shooting as the killer lifted what one believed to be an RCMP officer's general duty pistol.
Read more »

Two Mounties started firing at N.S. mass shooter as he lifted RCMP pistol: documentsTwo Mounties started firing at N.S. mass shooter as he lifted RCMP pistol: documentsDetails of how two RCMP officers brought the rampage of a 51-year-old Nova Scotia denturist to an end after 13 hours have been released over the past week in interviews and statements
Read more »

Driver who killed two Etobicoke pedestrians and himself had just received two-year driving banDriver who killed two Etobicoke pedestrians and himself had just received two-year driving banThat ban, imposed by a Burlington judge on Feb. 25, was just the latest restriction driver Omar Downey had received. He was separately facing a provincial medical suspension and an additional administrative license suspension.
Read more »

Two Mounties started firing at N.S. mass shooter as he lifted RCMP pistol: documents - Halifax | Globalnews.caTwo Mounties started firing at N.S. mass shooter as he lifted RCMP pistol: documents - Halifax | Globalnews.caConst. Craig Hubley, a dog handler, and Const. Ben MacLeod, a member of the emergency response team, had teamed up in Hubley's vehicle on the morning of April 19.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 14:05:59