Saskatchewan mass stabbing suspect not beaten to death in police custody, coroner says

Canada News News

Saskatchewan mass stabbing suspect not beaten to death in police custody, coroner says
Canada Latest News,Canada Headlines
  • 📰 VancouverSun
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 10 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 7%
  • Publisher: 61%

Myles Sanderson was caught after an intense four\u002Dday manhunt and subsequently died in police custody

Myles Sanderson, 30, and older brother Damien Sanderson, 31, were suspected of killing 10 people and wounding 18 others in a stabbing rampage in the James Smith Cree reserve and nearby village of Weldon in Canada’s Saskatchewan province earlier this month.Start your day with a roundup of B.C.-focused news and opinion delivered straight to your inbox at 7 a.m., Monday to Friday.By clicking on the sign up button you consent to receive the above newsletter from Postmedia Network Inc.

The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation , citing an unnamed senior government official, reported late Wednesday that Myles died after consuming pills just before his arrest.Article content

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

VancouverSun /  🏆 49. in CA

Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Public Safety minister defends RCMP's refusal to say how Myles Sanderson died in custodyPublic Safety minister defends RCMP's refusal to say how Myles Sanderson died in custodyPublic Safety Minister Marco Mendicino also said it\u0027s his view that there were \u0022significant flaws in the system\u0022 in the case.
Read more »

Saskatchewan coroner announces inquests into deaths of stabbing victims, suspectsSaskatchewan coroner announces inquests into deaths of stabbing victims, suspectsKillings on James Smith Cree Nation and in Weldon will be probed, with separate inquest into the death of Myles Sanderson, who died in police custody.
Read more »

Sask. coroner says public inquests will be held for stabbing victims, final suspect | CBC NewsSask. coroner says public inquests will be held for stabbing victims, final suspect | CBC NewsThe Saskatchewan Coroners Service announced there will be a public inquest held into the deaths related to the mass stabbing on Sept. 4. A separate inquest will be held into the death of suspect Myles Sanderson, who died shortly after being taken into police custody three days later.
Read more »

Saskatchewan coroner announces inquests into deaths of stabbing victims, suspectsSaskatchewan coroner announces inquests into deaths of stabbing victims, suspectsKillings on James Smith Cree Nation and in Weldon will be probed, with separate inquest into the death of Myles Sanderson, who died in police custody.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 08:05:26