Quebec reports 65 new COVID-19 deaths as confirmed cases increase by 646 to surpass 46,000
There are now 3,865 people who have died of COVID-19 in Quebec, health authorities announced Friday, as confirmed cases in the province reached 46,141.
There are 1,479 people being treated for COVID-19 in Quebec hospitals as of Friday, down 25 from the 1,504 reported Thursday. Of those in a hospital, 171 are in intensive care, down five from the 176 reported 24 hours earlier.
Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Quebec to ease restrictions on outdoor gatherings starting FridayDeputy Premier and Public Security Minister Genevieve Guilbault says Quebecers will be allowed to host outdoor gatherings of up to 10 people, from a maximum of three families, as long as they keep a two-metre distance from one another
Read more »
5 things to know for Friday, May 22, 2020Canada has had more than 81,000 COVID-19 cases so far, with more than half now considered recovered.
Read more »
Quebec records 71 new COVID-19 deaths, eases restrictions on outdoor gatheringsQuebec says limited outdoor gatherings will be permitted starting Friday as the province continues to record a downward trend of new COVID-19 cases.
Read more »
Quebec Mohawks block entrance to Oka provincial park over concerns about COVID-19 transmission‘I want the government to know that they can’t unilaterally decide our fate,’ Chief Serge Simon said of the blockade
Read more »
Coronavirus: Quebec tourism industry asks for reopening schedule from provinceThe tourism groups say that the outdoor activities they organize are lower-risk than some other sectors of the economy that have already received the green light to reopen.
Read more »