Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has tweeted about the girls' deaths, calling the events an 'incomprehensible tragedy for any parent.'
continuent les recherches dans le secteur de St-Apollinaire pour localiser les deux fillettes et leur père.Premier Legault said Friday afternoon that about 80 people were involved in the search, both on the ground and in the air, and that the province had put all of its resources into finding the girls.
At 9:30 p.m. a 2008 Volkswagen Passat with the licence plate P75 PXV was involved in a crash on Highway 20 east in nearby Saint-Apollinaire. When emergency services arrived, the vehicle was unoccupied and the three have been missing since. "All the hypotheses are on the table, and kidnapping is among them," SQ spokesperson Audrey-Anne Bilodeau said, "but the priority for us is that we have missing people that could be injured."
"I was driving towards Montreal when I saw a cloud of dust and, boom, the car ended up in front of me suddenly," Provencher said, adding that she had to think fast to avoid a collision.
Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Police confirm deaths of two girls who were subject of Quebec Amber AlertThe Surete du Quebec (SQ) has confirmed that the bodies found by a search and rescue team in a wooded area of Saint-Apollinaire on Saturday are those of Romy and Norah Carpentier.
Read more »
Amber Alert update: Girlfriend makes emotional plea to father of two missing Quebec girlsThe Amber Alert issued Thursday afternoon for two girls in Levis, south of Quebec City, who went missing along with their father following a crash on Highway 20 is still in effect Friday.
Read more »
Amber Alert update: Bodies of two young girls found in search areaThe two young girls, who were the subject of an Amber Alert, were found dead on Saturday in a wooded area of Saint-Apollinaire, Que., where a search had been underway to find them and their father.
Read more »
Amber Alert: Bodies of missing Quebec girls, 6 and 11, found in wooded area, father still missingPolice are still looking for their father, 44\u002Dyear\u002Dold Martin Carpentier, who is believed to have taken them
Read more »
Amber Alert still in effect for two missing girls in Levis, south of Quebec City, after car crash with fatherThe Amber Alert issued Thursday afternoon for two girls in Levis, south of Quebec City, who went missing along with their father following a crash on Highway 20 is still in effect Friday morning.
Read more »