Twitter has taken down a campaign-style video retweeted by U.S. President Donald Trump after rock group Linkin Park issued a cease-and-desist order over the unauthorized use of their music, media reports said.
The video, which featured a cover of the band's 2001 hit "In the End," was posted by White House social media director Dan Scavino and retweeted on Saturday by Trump.Linkin Park said they did not authorize the use of their music by Trump or his campaign.
The group's late lead singer Chester Bennington was outspoken in his disapproval of the Republican president. Linkin Park are not the first band to take issue with the president's use of their music. The Rolling Stones last month threatened legal action against Trump if he does not stop using their songs at his campaign rallies.
Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Trump spokesperson on border closure: 'Not sure why you would want to go to Canada'The remarks land amid skyrocketing coronavirus cases in the U.S.
Read more »
Mary Trump Burns Cousin Ivanka: 'She Doesn't Do Anything'Donald Trump's niece said Ivanka 'spouts bromides on social media, but either she tries to have an impact and fails, or just isn’t interested in having an impact.”
Read more »
Trump spokesperson on border closure: 'Not sure why you would want to go to Canada'ICYMI - Trump spokesperson on border closure: 'Not sure why you would want to go to Canada'
Read more »