Trump sending hospital bailout funds for virus hot spots, uninsured patients

Canada News News

Trump sending hospital bailout funds for virus hot spots, uninsured patients
Canada Latest News,Canada Headlines
  • 📰 politico
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 62 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 28%
  • Publisher: 59%

Health care providers in coronavirus hot spots will receive $10 billion in bailout funds as early as next week, and hospitals will soon receive money for treating uninsured patients, the Trump administration said Wednesday

.

The new plans for spending down a hospital rescue fund Congress approved almost a month ago came amid cries from Republican and Democratic lawmakers for the Department of Health and Human Services to ship out the funds more quickly. Hospitals say they’re losing revenue at a rapid clip, as they cancel nonemergency surgeries and routine patient visits to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

"Our goal in all of the decisions we're making is to get this money out the door as quickly as possible, while targeting it to those suffering the most from the pandemic," HHS Secretary Alex Azar said on a call with reporters. The administration declined to say, though, how much of the $100 billion hospital bailout fund will cover treatment for the uninsured — a sensitive subject for President Donald Trump after he

Obamacare’s health insurance marketplaces late last month. His administration days later announced it would tap the hospital fund, though health officials spent the next few weeks hammering out the details.worried about bills, and some hospitals said they've been holding off on billing until they got more guidance from the Trump administration on its coverage plan.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

politico /  🏆 381. in US

Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Trump Hotel Asks President Trump for a Rent ReductionTrump Hotel Asks President Trump for a Rent ReductionAcross the country, and no doubt around the world, many are asking their landlords for a bit of leniency in these unprecedented and perilous times. But very few of those begging mercy of property owners have the luxury of owning the very property they need a rent break on, which sure does sound like an ideal situation.\n
Read more »

Trump Organization Asks Trump Administration for Leniency on D.C. Hotel LeaseTrump Organization Asks Trump Administration for Leniency on D.C. Hotel LeaseTrump’s business has asked the administration to suspend rent payments for the Trump International Hotel in D.C., creating obvious ethical concerns.
Read more »

NYT: Trump family seeks rent break for DC hotel from Trump administrationNYT: Trump family seeks rent break for DC hotel from Trump administrationThe Trump family business is asking the federal government to give President Donald Trump's hotel in Washington, DC, a break on its monthly lease payments during the coronavirus pandemic, The New York Times reported Tuesday.
Read more »

House oversight chair demands Trump administration not grant relief to Trump Organization amid pandemicHouse oversight chair demands Trump administration not grant relief to Trump Organization amid pandemicThe Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C., which sits on property owned by the government, has reportedly been seeking to alter monthly payments in its lease arrangement.
Read more »

The Trump Organization Is Hoping the Trump Admin Will Give It a Break on RentThe Trump Organization Is Hoping the Trump Admin Will Give It a Break on RentHopefully the company knows someone on the inside.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 07:44:34