TikTok to challenge U.S. order banning transactions with the video app, sources say

Canada News News

TikTok to challenge U.S. order banning transactions with the video app, sources say
Canada Latest News,Canada Headlines
  • 📰 CNBC
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 28 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 14%
  • Publisher: 72%

TikTok is preparing to mount a legal challenge as early as Monday to President Donald Trump's executive order prohibiting transactions with the popular short video app and its Chinese parent ByteDance, according to people familiar with the matter.

TikTok's legal challenge pertains to an earlier executive order, which Trump issued on Aug. 6, the sources said. That order directed the Secretary of Commerce to come up with a list of transactions involving ByteDance and its holdings that should be banned after 45 days.

It was not immediately clear which court TikTok plans to use to file its lawsuit. The company had previously said it was exploring its legal options, and its employees were also preparing their own lawsuit. The sources requested anonymity ahead of the lawsuit's filing. ByteDance declined to comment. A White House spokesman declined to comment.

However, the move shows that ByteDance is seeking to deploy all the legal ammunition at its disposal as it tries to prevent the TikTok deal negotiations from turning into a fire sale.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

CNBC /  🏆 12. in US

Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Exclusive: TikTok to challenge U.S. order banning transactions with the video app - sourcesExclusive: TikTok to challenge U.S. order banning transactions with the video app - sourcesTikTok is preparing to mount a legal challenge as early as Monday to President Donald Trump's executive order prohibiting transactions with the popular short video app and its Chinese parent ByteDance, according to people familiar with the matter.
Read more »

L.A. Mayor Garcetti orders power shut off at TikTok influencer houseL.A. Mayor Garcetti orders power shut off at TikTok influencer houseLos Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti ordered the power cut at a swanky Hollywood Hills residence that police say held parties in violation of public health orders and is the home of several TikTok stars, including Bryce Hall.
Read more »

TikTok Star Bryce Hall's Power Shut Off by L.A. Mayor After PartyTikTok Star Bryce Hall's Power Shut Off by L.A. Mayor After PartyThe 21-year-old influencer is facing the consequences of allegedly ignoring coronavirus precautions.
Read more »

TikTok Convinced Me I Need These 16 Beauty ProductsTikTok Convinced Me I Need These 16 Beauty ProductsSeriously.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-08-29 06:14:03