Stats Can plans 'contactless' census for 2021 in response to COVID-19

Canada News News

Stats Can plans 'contactless' census for 2021 in response to COVID-19
Canada Latest News,Canada Headlines
  • 📰 CTVNews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 32 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 99%

Statistics Canada is working on plans to deliver a 'contactless census' next May if COVID-19 remains a threat.

In a technical briefing given on condition they not be named, the officials said in 2016, almost 90 per cent of Canadians responded to the census without an in-person contact, including online or by mail.

Statistics Canada Friday published the full questionnaires that will be used for the census, including for the first time questions to count transgender Canadians, veterans and active military personnel and members of Metis groups. The questions now ask a respondent's sex at birth and current gender, which the questionnaire notes may be different from what is on current legal documents.

The census will also ask about all the ways people commute to work, rather than just the most common way, as the agency tries to suss out how many people ever use forms of active or public transportation versus private vehicles.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

CTVNews /  🏆 1. in CA

Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Far apart: EU holds masked budget summit amid COVID-19 pandemicFar apart: EU holds masked budget summit amid COVID-19 pandemicThe EU is suffering through the worst recession in its history and member states are fighting over who should pay the most to help other countries and which nations should get the most to turn around their battered economies
Read more »

Federal government to send $19B to provinces for 'safe restart' from COVID-19 lockdownFederal government to send $19B to provinces for 'safe restart' from COVID-19 lockdown\u0027It is not just about making sure we can ... prevent future outbreaks. It\u0027s also about helping people, businesses, and entire communities, adjust to our new normal\u0027
Read more »

Oilers' Caleb Jones shows courage by addressing COVID-19 diagnosis - Sportsnet.caOilers' Caleb Jones shows courage by addressing COVID-19 diagnosis - Sportsnet.caCaleb Jones sat down, looked right into the camera, and without hesitation, announced that he tested positive for COVID-19 before being cleared to return to practice earlier this week. If anything else, it took courage for Jones to do so.
Read more »

Five new COVID-19 cases in Manitoba, all linked to Hutterite colonyFive new COVID-19 cases in Manitoba, all linked to Hutterite colonyVirus has now spread to Hutterite colonies in all three Prairie Provinces
Read more »

'Cause for concern': Senior doctor says COVID-19 uptick among youth linked to bars, nightclubs'Cause for concern': Senior doctor says COVID-19 uptick among youth linked to bars, nightclubsDeputy Chief Public Health Officer Dr. Howard Njoo said a recent uptick in COVID-19 cases among young people coincides with increasing reports of people contracting the virus at parties, nightclubs and bars.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 01:41:08