Serie A suspension extended to June 14 to comply with government ban - Sportsnet.ca

Canada News News

Serie A suspension extended to June 14 to comply with government ban - Sportsnet.ca
Canada Latest News,Canada Headlines
  • 📰 Sportsnet
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 48 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 23%
  • Publisher: 59%

Instead of restarting on June 13 as initially planned, SerieA will resume on June 14 to comply with a government ban in Italy.

The league announced last week that its 20 teams agreed to resume competition on June 13 in empty stadiums.

However, the Italian soccer federation announced on Monday, a day after a government decree banning sports until June 14, that it was complying. The FIGC announced that “pending any further and desirable decision by the competent authority” its competitions will remain suspended until that date.There are 12 rounds remaining in Serie A, plus four matches that were postponed in the 25th round. Also, the Italian Cup is in the semifinal stage.

Italian clubs resumed training on an individual basis on May 4 when lockdown measures in the country started to ease. They were slated to return to training together on Monday but they have not been given the green light to do so by the Italian government’s science panel. The medical protocol for the resumption of Serie A has proved contentious but a revised document was delivered to Sports Minister Vincenzo Spadafora on Sunday and the science panel is expected to give its verdict this week.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

Sportsnet /  🏆 57. in CA

Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Senators' Eugene Melnyk hopes NHL can have lottery, draft in June - Sportsnet.caSenators' Eugene Melnyk hopes NHL can have lottery, draft in June - Sportsnet.caOttawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk says there are a lot of moving parts when it comes to determining the next step of the NHL's plan to return to action and hopes that the league can have the draft lottery and the NHL Draft in the month of June.
Read more »

Senators' Eugene Melnyk hopes NHL can have lottery, draft in June - Sportsnet.caSenators' Eugene Melnyk hopes NHL can have lottery, draft in June - Sportsnet.caOttawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk says there are a lot of moving parts when it comes to determining the next step of the NHL's plan to return to action and hopes that the league can have the draft lottery and the NHL Draft in the month of June.
Read more »

Former Oakland A's manager Art Howe returns home from hospital - TSN.caFormer Oakland A's manager Art Howe returns home from hospital - TSN.caFormer Oakland A's manager Art Howe has been released from hospital after a battle with coronavirus. Howe was hospitalized on Tuesday, just two days after he began feeling symptoms.
Read more »

Sportsnet to replay 2016 World Cup of Hockey games - Sportsnet.caSportsnet to replay 2016 World Cup of Hockey games - Sportsnet.ca'I thought it was super unique and getting to play with all these guys was so cool.' - Jackeichel15 on his Team North America experience at the World Cup of Hockey. Relive the best moments of the 2016 WCOH beginning Monday on Sportsnet! 🏆 Schedule ➡️
Read more »

NFL cornerbacks Baker, Dunbar released from jail on bond - Sportsnet.caNFL cornerbacks Baker, Dunbar released from jail on bond - Sportsnet.caNFL cornerbacks DeAndre Baker and Quinton Dunbar were released from Broward County Jail on Sunday, a day after surrendering on felony charges stemming from a cookout at a Miramar home.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 20:26:28