Richard Okorogheye: Met police apologise for failings

Canada News News

Richard Okorogheye: Met police apologise for failings
Canada Latest News,Canada Headlines
  • 📰 TheVoiceNews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 40 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 19%
  • Publisher: 51%

Richard Okorogheye: Met police apologise for failings by LeahMahon_

THE METROPOLITAN Police have apologised to the family of a black teenager who was found dead after an investigation by the police watchdog revealed a series of failings when he was reported missing, but claim racism played no part in their actions., 19, was found dead in a pond in Epping Forest in April 2021 at the height of the Covid-19 lockdown in the UK.

She said: “This development in the IOPC investigation confirms what I have known all along – both Richard’s GP and I were dismissed by numerous officers and staff at the Metropolitan Police.” The recent investigation by the police watchdog found that the performance of three police officers and three call handlers fell below the standard expected, but still did not meet “the threshold for disciplinary action” or could be concluded as racist.The watchdog findings revealed that the police failed to record Richard’s medical condition accurately, which was noted as being “anemia” instead of “sickle cell anemia.

IOPC watchdog Regional Director, Sal Naseem, said that allegations of racism in Richard’s case were difficult to prove, if they were not overt incidents.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

TheVoiceNews /  🏆 119. in UK

Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Richard Okorogheye death: Family reject apology from Met PoliceRichard Okorogheye death: Family reject apology from Met PoliceThe teenager was found dead in Epping Forest two weeks after he went missing from his home.
Read more »

Met Police sergeant, 33, 'raped woman in sea on stag do in Brighton'Met Police sergeant, 33, 'raped woman in sea on stag do in Brighton'A MET Police sergeant has appeared in court accused of raping a woman in the sea while on a stag do. Laurence Knight, 33, is said to have carried out the attack on July 17 last year in Brighton. He…
Read more »

Met in bid to sack senior black copMet in bid to sack senior black copRobyn Williams in court to defend her job after the police appeal a tribunal decision to overturn her dismissal in a controversial case.
Read more »

Met sergeant 'raped woman on Brighton beach' after meeting her on stag doMet sergeant 'raped woman on Brighton beach' after meeting her on stag doA serving Met Police officer has appeared in court accused of raping a woman in the sea off Brighton beach.
Read more »

Bagnaia in a car crash in Ibiza; fails breathalyser testBagnaia in a car crash in Ibiza; fails breathalyser testFrancesco Bagnaia reportedly in a car crash before failing a breathalyser test. Full story 👇
Read more »

Katie Price speeding charge dismissed in courtKatie Price speeding charge dismissed in courtThe ex-model faced two charges, one of speeding and one of failing to provide information.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 10:29:05