Report: Four more Marlins players test positive for COVID-19 - Sportsnet.ca

Canada News News

Report: Four more Marlins players test positive for COVID-19 - Sportsnet.ca
Canada Latest News,Canada Headlines
  • 📰 Sportsnet
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 40 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 19%
  • Publisher: 59%

According to multiple reports, four more players on the Marlins have tested positive for COVID-19.

After Monday’s games were postponed, team CEO Derek Jeter released a statement saying the move “was the correct decision to ensure we take a collective pause and try to properly grasp the totality of this situation.” The team has not disclosed the names of any players or other staff who have tested positive.

Commissioner Rob Manfred said in an interview with MLB Network Monday that he would not put the Marlins situation “in the nightmare category” yet. “We built the protocols to allow us to continue to play,” Manfred said. “That’s why we have the expanded rosters, that’s why we have the pool of additional players. And we think we can keep people safe and continue to play.”

MLB Network’s Jon Heyman reports the Marlins are struggling to find replacements for players to add to their 30-man roster and may have to play games with less than 30 players. One such move likely made with that in mind came Monday, when the club claimed pitcher Justin ShaferThis Marlins situation might require a makeshift rule so they can fill out their roster — if MLB and union can work it out

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

Sportsnet /  🏆 57. in CA

Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Report: Four more Marlins test positive - TSN.caReport: Four more Marlins test positive - TSN.caThe latest round of testing from the Miami Marlins found four new coronavirus positives, according to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic.
Read more »

Report: Yankees-Phillies also called off amid Marlins' outbreak - TSN.caReport: Yankees-Phillies also called off amid Marlins' outbreak - TSN.caAccording to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic, Monday's game between the New York Yankees and Philadelphia Phillies has also been called off with the Miami Marlins dealing with a COVID-19 outbreak in Philadelphia. The Miami Marlins' home opener Monday night against Baltimore was postponed earlier on Monday with the Marlins still in Philadelphia.
Read more »

Report: Houston Astros ace Justin Verlander out for rest of season - TSN.caReport: Houston Astros ace Justin Verlander out for rest of season - TSN.caHouston Astros ace and reigning American League Cy Young winner Justin Verlander is out for the remainder of the season with an elbow injury, according to Chandler Rome of the Houston Chronicle.
Read more »

Report: Manchester City targets Valencia's Spain U-21 winger Ferran Torres - TSN.caReport: Manchester City targets Valencia's Spain U-21 winger Ferran Torres - TSN.caManchester City has targeted its replacement for Leroy Sane. BBC Sport's Simon Stone reports the Premier League runners-up are looking to make Valencia winger Ferran Torres its first signing of the summer.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-07 02:13:31