Raptors' VanVleet: 'We knew we had a good chance' to defend title - Sportsnet.ca

Canada News News

Raptors' VanVleet: 'We knew we had a good chance' to defend title - Sportsnet.ca
Canada Latest News,Canada Headlines
  • 📰 Sportsnet
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 21 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 12%
  • Publisher: 59%

Aside from getting to do what he loves, there's another reason Fred VanVleet wants to get back to playing: he knows his Raptors have 'as good a chance as anybody' to win a championship this season.

Sitting second in the Eastern Conference with a 48-18 record, the excitement was building for the Raptors as they inched closer towards the playoffs before the NBA abruptly paused its 2019-20 season on March 12 due to the novel coronavirus.VanVleet told Rachel Nichols on ESPN’s The Jump“We knew we had a good chance, as good a chance as anybody, from obviously what we did last year, and then to come back after losing Kawhi and Danny to have the team that we had this year.

But getting everything aligned to bring basketball back is easier said than done. The NBA is reportedly working to develop its own multi-phase medical/safety protocols, While keeping players safe from COVID-19 remains the top priority, players getting injured after being sidelined at home for months is also a real possibility. As an upcoming free agent, VanVleet said he’s well aware of that risk.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

Sportsnet /  🏆 57. in CA

Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

NBA 2K League This Week: How 'Timelycook' joined Raptors Uprising - Sportsnet.caNBA 2K League This Week: How 'Timelycook' joined Raptors Uprising - Sportsnet.caShaq and Kobe, MJ and Pippen...Hailey and Donald? The Raptors Uprising GC enters its bye week after a 6-0 start, with plenty of help from its dynamic duo, KennyGotWork & timelycook. (via loung_s)
Read more »

Bayern beats Dortmund, moves closer to eighth consecutive Bundesliga title - Sportsnet.caBayern beats Dortmund, moves closer to eighth consecutive Bundesliga title - Sportsnet.caJoshua Kimmich scored with a long-range lob to give Bayern Munich a 1-0 win over closest rival Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday, putting the team a huge step closer to claiming a record-extending eighth consecutive Bundesliga title.
Read more »

Trudeau defends suspending regular House sittings, downplays chance of snap electionTrudeau defends suspending regular House sittings, downplays chance of snap electionPrime Minister Justin Trudeau is defending the decision to suspend all regular sittings of the House of Commons until September, with the special all-party COVID-19 committee acting as a stand-in over the next few weeks, and then four special House sittings over the summer.
Read more »

NHL to make announcement on Return to Play Plan at 4:30 p.m. ET - Sportsnet.caNHL to make announcement on Return to Play Plan at 4:30 p.m. ET - Sportsnet.caNHL commissioner Gary Bettman will make an announcement today at 4:30 p.m. ET / 1:30 p.m. PT regarding the Return to Play Plan for the 2019-20 NHL season. Catch the announcement on a special presentation of Tim & Sid, which will air on Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet 590 The Fan and sportsnet.ca beginning at 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT.
Read more »

Watch Live: NHL to make announcement on Return to Play Plan at 4:30 p.m. ET - Sportsnet.caWatch Live: NHL to make announcement on Return to Play Plan at 4:30 p.m. ET - Sportsnet.caNHL commissioner Gary Bettman will make an announcement today at 4:30 p.m. ET / 1:30 p.m. PT regarding the Return to Play Plan for the 2019-20 NHL season. Catch the announcement on a special presentation of Tim & Sid, which will air on Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet 590 The Fan and sportsnet.ca beginning at 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT.
Read more »

CFL not counting on specific funding from federal government - Sportsnet.caCFL not counting on specific funding from federal government - Sportsnet.caCommissioner Randy Ambrosie continues to work with the federal government, but isn’t banking on CFL-specific funding to help the league through the COVID-19 pandemic.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 19:20:54