'It’s easier to wear a mask than to return to being confined,' Quebec's premier says
MONTREAL — Quebec has become the first Canadian province to make mask-wearing mandatory in all indoor public places for people aged 12 years and older.
He said the government is considering imposing fines on individuals beginning in August. People who for medical reasons cannot wear masks are exempt from the new rule, Legault added. Quebec Premier Francois Legault “I know it’s summer,” he said. “It’s holidays. It’s not fun to wear a mask, but it’s essential to avoid going backwards.”in the last 24 hours, as well as one additional death. That brings the province’s total deaths to 5,628, while infections reached 56,621. Hospitalizations declined by one to 305, with 21 people in intensive care.
Groups representing business owners raised concerns about the responsibility of enforcing the measure, suggesting it places an additional burden on retailers who are already struggling.
Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Quebec police continue search for father, one day after missing girls found deadThe attention of the entire province has been on the case, especially in the town of just over 6,000 where it\u0027s playing out
Read more »
Police narrow in on heavily wooded area in Quebec manhuntQuebec provincial police are continuing their search for the father of two deceased girls who were the subject of an Amber Alert earlier this week.
Read more »
Quebec police continue search for father, one day after missing girls found deadThe bodies of Norah and Romy Carpentier, aged 11 and 6, were found in a wooded area of a Quebec City suburb on Saturday
Read more »
Police continue search for Quebec man, one day after daughters found deadQuebec provincial police continued to search Sunday for the father of two deceased girls who were the subject of an Amber Alert earlier this week.
Read more »
Quebec adds 114 new COVID-19 cases as Montreal health raises concerns about barsWith the new confirmed cases, the province has now had 56,521 cases of COVID-19
Read more »