Both provinces cite the loss of unvaccinated workers from the health\u002Dcare system as a factor in their decisions
Ford wrote to hospitals and other stakeholders last month asking for input on the issue.
A statement from Ford says high vaccination rates in hospitals and strong infection control measures mean hospitals are safe and can manage outbreaks. Ford says the government will keep monitoring the situation but for now will leave the decision to mandate vaccines up to individual hospitals.
Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Quebec to permit dancing, karaoke again as it loosens COVID-19 restrictionsQuebec will permit dancing and karaoke and bar and restaurant owners won’t need to keep a customer registry, though proof of vaccination is still required, as the province loosens restrictions
Read more »
Quebec reports 525 new COVID-19 cases ahead of update on health worker vaccine mandateQuebec reports 525 COVID-19 cases, eight deaths. The latest figures come ahead of an update later today by Health Minister Christian Dubé on the government’s vaccine mandate for health workers
Read more »
Ontario reports 378 new COVID-19 cases, five more deathsOntario reports 378 new cases of COVID-19 and five more deaths. Health Minister Christine Elliott says 236 of the new cases are in people who aren’t fully vaccinated or their vaccination status isn’t known
Read more »
Ontario won't mandate COVID-19 vaccines for hospital workersPremier Doug Ford has announced he will not mandate COVID-19 vaccines for hospital workers, saying he's 'not prepared to jeopardize the delivery of care to millions of Ontarians.'
Read more »
A list of who will be eligible for a COVID-19 booster shot in OntarioOntario announced Wednesday that COVID-19 booster shots will be available to everyone next year, but starting Saturday the next priority group will be able to book appointments for six months past their second dose.
Read more »