BREAKING: Ontario reports 455 new cases of COVID-19 but 68 of them are the result of a reporting delay
The Ministry of Health says that another 455 cases of the virus were added to its database on Friday but it says that 68 of them should have been included in earlier reports, meaning that the true number of cases confirmed over the last 24 hours is actually 387.It is also marks a slight-increase on Ontario’s rolling five-day average of new cases, which now stands at 374.
Of those patients, 117 of them are in Intensive Care Units and 97 of those people are on ventilators. The latest data suggests that of the 455 cases added to the province’s database on Friday, nearly 70 per cent of them were in Toronto or Peel Region .There have now been 30,202 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ontario.Outbreaks have been reported in 311 of Ontario’s 626 long-term care homes. Of those outbreaks, only 88 are still considered active.
Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Ontario reports spike in COVID-19 cases but admits dozens are result of reporting delayOntario has recorded spike in the number of new COVID-19 cases as the province surpasses 30,000 infections.
Read more »
Ontario records over 300 new COVID-19 cases for 3rd day in a rowOntario health officials recorded 344 new cases of COVID-19 Friday morning, an increase of 1.2 per cent over the previous day, as well as 15 deaths.
Read more »
Probe into Ontario councillor’s trip to New Brunswick during COVID-19 pandemic continues despite apologyThe province launched the probe after learning that Stephen Wright, a city councillor in Peterborough, Ont., had travelled to New Brunswick last month
Read more »
Ontario records spike in COVID-19-related deaths
Read more »