The Ford government is ramping up spending ahead of the June 2022 general election, with the deficit actually projected to rise by $5 billion this year, with spending planned for health-care, two new GTA highways and a tax credit for people to vacation in Ontario.
But if you were hoping for any cut to the high cost of gasoline in the province, something Premier Doug Ford suggested he might do when asked earlier this week, you’ll have to keep waiting.
The Highway 413 project would link the Highway 401 and 407 junction to Highway 400, while the Bradford Bypass would offer an east-west link between Highway 400 and Highway 404. They are also extending a tax credit aimed at keeping seniors in their homes with retrofits, as well as a COVID-designed credit for job retraining for 2022, at a combined cost of $80 million.
Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Kabul safe houses need $5 million by Friday to stay open, say veteransOn Friday, Kabul safe houses hosting 1,700 Afghan interpreters and their families are set to close because the money keeping them open will run out.
Read more »
Kabul safe houses for Afghan interpreters need $5-million by Friday to stay open, say Canadian veteransSafe houses are protecting about 1,700 former Afghan interpreters and their families who helped the Canadian military and diplomatic efforts
Read more »
Politics Briefing: Five MPs battle it out for high-profile Speaker of the House roleAlso: A higher minimum wage in Ontario and a new premier in Manitoba
Read more »
Ontario reports 378 new COVID-19 cases, five more deathsOntario is reporting another 378 cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday as well as five more deaths linked to the disease.
Read more »
Ontario reports 378 new COVID-19 cases, five more deathsOntario reports 378 new cases of COVID-19 and five more deaths. Health Minister Christine Elliott says 236 of the new cases are in people who aren’t fully vaccinated or their vaccination status isn’t known
Read more »
Ontario reports 438 new COVID-19 cases, five more deathsOntario reports 438 new COVID-19 cases and five deaths. Health Minister Christine Elliott says 279 of the new cases are in people who aren’t fully vaccinated or whose vaccination status isn’t known
Read more »