Ontario appoints new management at Kitchener long-term care home over COVID-19 outbreak

Canada News News

Ontario appoints new management at Kitchener long-term care home over COVID-19 outbreak
Canada Latest News,Canada Headlines
  • 📰 CTVNews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 44 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 21%
  • Publisher: 99%

The Ministry of Long-Term Care announced Tuesday that it had issued a mandatory management order for a Kitchener hospital to take over management of Forest Heights Revera.

A class-action lawsuit has been filed against long-term care provider Revera over COVID-19. The sign outside of one of its facilities, Forest Heights Revera Long-Term Care, is seen here. that it had issued a mandatory management order for a Kitchener hospital to take over management of Forest Heights Revera.

St. Mary's General Hospital has been appointed to temporarily manage the facility for 90 days, with the option for the province to extend the order if it deems it necessary.Since then, more than 175 residents and 69 staff members have been infected. Fifty-one people have died."The safety and well-being of residents and staff in long-term care have always been and will continue to be our number one priority," said Minister of Long-Term Care Dr. Merrilee Fullerton in a news release.

"I am confident that the talented staff at St. Mary's General Hospital and Forest Heights will work together to contain COVID-19 and stabilize the home." The Ministry of Long-Term Care has issued a Mandatory Management Order appointing St. Mary's General Hospital in Kitchener to temporarily manage Forest Heights long-term care home for 90 days.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

CTVNews /  🏆 1. in CA

Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

New Brunswick reports new cases of COVID-19 in long-term care homeNew Brunswick reports new cases of COVID-19 in long-term care homeChief Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Jennifer Russell says the three new cases Sunday and one reported Saturday are all at the Manoir de la Vallee in Atholville
Read more »

At least 125 migrant workers at one Ontario farm have tested positive for COVID-19At least 125 migrant workers at one Ontario farm have tested positive for COVID-19An outbreak of COVID-19 in Norfolk County, Ontario has hit at least 125 migrant workers from Mexico, temporarily halting the asparagus harvest at the farm.
Read more »

At least 164 migrant workers at one Ontario farm have tested positive for COVID-19At least 164 migrant workers at one Ontario farm have tested positive for COVID-19An outbreak of COVID-19 in Norfolk County, Ontario has hit at least 164 migrant workers from Mexico, temporarily halting the asparagus harvest at the farm.
Read more »

Ontario records another spike in new COVID-19 casesOntario records another spike in new COVID-19 cases
Read more »

Alberta Health counts 34 new COVID-19 cases, monitoring increase in Edmonton zoneAlberta Health counts 34 new COVID-19 cases, monitoring increase in Edmonton zoneAfter processing some 2,700 tests since Sunday, Alberta counted 34 new cases of COVID-19.
Read more »

Hundreds of positive COVID-19 tests not reported to Ontario public health unitsHundreds of positive COVID-19 tests not reported to Ontario public health unitsPublic health staff are scrambling to conduct contact tracing for hundreds of positive COVID-19 cases that were not flagged to local public health agencies in Ontario due to a reporting error.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 00:01:53