The Toronto Blue Jays get their 2025 season underway on March 27, and despite the intentions of everyone involved, one storyline is likely to hang over the entire season like a dark cloud.
Superstar slugger Vladimir Guerrero Jr. is set to become a free agent at the end of the year, and told reporters in February that he would not continue to negotiate a contract extension beyond the opening of Spring Training camp so as to avoid causing a distraction.
"I checked on these rumours yesterday and what I got back was there's been no official contact between the two sides," Olney said of Gomez's report. "The front office has a lot of experience dealing with these things. When they told everybody that they gave their best offer, back in mid-February, I think that's the stance of the front office," Olney said."There have been situations in baseball and other sports too where the owner can step in and say 'You know what guys? Get it done.'""When you really think about it, the fact that they would be split over $3.
"The perception of the franchise as you move forward, there are a thousand different reasons where if you're the Blue Jays you can say it would be worthwhile to get this deal done and in some ways." The Boston Red Sox could not come to an agreement on a deal for MVP outfielder Mookie Betts before trading him to the Los Angeles Dodgers for pennies on the dollar as his contract ended following the 2018 season.
Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Blue Jays Down Braves in Solid WinThe Toronto Blue Jays bounced back to the win column with a 5-2 victory over the Atlanta Braves, showcasing strong pitching from Jose Berrios and timely hitting.
Read more »
Fan pulled down from seats to sing 'O Canada' at Toronto Blue Jays gameOne Toronto Blue Jays fan vacationing in Florida got a bit more than they bargained for on a recent trip to watch the team. While the Blue Jays have …
Read more »
Olney: Guerrero’s contract ask wasn’t a surprise, Jays’ approach confusingESPN’s Buster Olney told TSN 1050 Toronto's First Up Tuesday that the contract ask Vladimir Guerrero Jr. revealed last week was not surprising, but he also doesn’t think the Toronto Blue Jays did the best job of handling negotiations.
Read more »
Max-imum Gains: Veteran Blue Jays right-hander Scherzer continues to evolveMax Scherzer has made a Hall of Fame career out of keeping batters guessing
Read more »
Max-imum Gains: Veteran Blue Jays right-hander Scherzer continues to evolveDUNEDIN — Blue Jays right-hander Kevin Gausman shakes out his arm when he thinks back to stepping into the batter's box to face now-teammate Max Scherzer.
Read more »
Max-imum Gains: Veteran Blue Jays right-hander Scherzer continues to evolveDUNEDIN — Blue Jays right-hander Kevin Gausman shakes out his arm when he thinks back to stepping into the batter's box to face now-teammate Max Scherzer.
Read more »