No fines issued after two large family gatherings trigger new COVID-19 cases in Saskatoon

Canada News News

No fines issued after two large family gatherings trigger new COVID-19 cases in Saskatoon
Canada Latest News,Canada Headlines
  • 📰 globeandmail
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 34 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 17%
  • Publisher: 92%

Dr. Saqib Shahab, the province’s chief medical health officer, said up to four cases of infection have so far been tied to the 60 or so people who attended the events on different dates earlier this month

He did not disclose details of the gatherings, but health officials say close contacts are self-isolating.A public health order restricts crowd sizes to no more than 10 people, but that is to increase next month to 15 people indoors and 30 when outside.

“Obviously there’s the possibility of issuing a ticket and fines but progressive enforcement has worked well for us in the past,” Shahab said Thursday. Premier Scott Moe said people who repeatedly disregarded public health advice around the pandemic have been fined, but the first step is to educate them about transmission risks.

“The goal of the public health orders is to have compliance with the public health orders to reduce the spread of COVID-19. It’s not to fine anyone.”Police in Saskatchewan have been receiving complaints related to COVID-19, and the province set up a phone line to report suspected violations, which has received hundreds of calls.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

globeandmail /  🏆 5. in CA

Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Ontario reports spike in new COVID-19 patients after two days of fewer than 300 casesOntario reports spike in new COVID-19 patients after two days of fewer than 300 casesOntario has reported a jump in new COVID-19 cases following two days in which the number of daily patients was below 300.
Read more »

Three newest COVID-19 cases stem from 'irresponsible' traveller who failed to self-isolate: N.B. premierThree newest COVID-19 cases stem from 'irresponsible' traveller who failed to self-isolate: N.B. premierNew Brunswick has reported its third new case of COVID-19 in a the last week and all are in a single cluster connected to a health-care worker at the Campbellton Hospital who failed to self-isolate after travelling to Quebec.
Read more »

More than 40 COVID-19 cases identified in Quebec schools since reopeningMore than 40 COVID-19 cases identified in Quebec schools since reopeningHealth officials have identified 19 cases among students and 22 among staff since primary schools reopened outside Montreal on May 11
Read more »

No new cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba as province prepares for second phase of reopeningNo new cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba as province prepares for second phase of reopeningProvincial health officials announced that for a fifth straight day, there are no new cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba.
Read more »

New Brunswick legislature adjourns after only two days as new COVID-19 cases reported in provinceNew Brunswick legislature adjourns after only two days as new COVID-19 cases reported in provinceThe abrupt decision came a day after officials confirmed a health-care worker who travelled outside New Brunswick had failed to self-isolate upon their return and subsequently infected at least two other people in the Campbellton area
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 05:06:23