Beyond the Breaking News

Man Pleads Guilty To Plotting Attack On Taylor Swift Concert In Vienna, Austrian Media Report

Taylor Swift News

Man Pleads Guilty To Plotting Attack On Taylor Swift Concert In Vienna, Austrian Media Report
Austria

The plot was thwarted, but Austrian authorities still canceled the artist's three planned performances in August 2024.

Members fuel our mission to deliver the unvarnished truth about the powerful, the popular and the personal. Become a member today and help support the journalism everyone deserves.

The defendants hiding their faces behind file folders on their way to the courtroom in the District Court in Wiener Neustadt, Austria, where two terror suspects will stand trial Tuesday, one for plotting to carry out an attack on one of superstar singer Taylor Swift's concerts in Vienna in August 2024 and pledging allegiance to the Islamic State group, Tuesday, April 28, 2026. The plot was thwarted, but Austrian authorities still canceled Swift’s three performances in August 2024.

The singer’s fans, known as, who had flown to Austria from across the globe to attend a performance of her record-setting Eras Tour were devastated, but Taylor Swift's fans, known as Swifties, who had flown to Austria from across the globe to attend a performance of her record-setting Eras Tour were devastated, but rallied to turn Vienna into a citywide trading post for friendship bracelets and singalongs. The defendant, a 21-year-old Austrian citizen known only as Beran A. in line with Austrian privacy rules, faced charges including terrorist offenses and membership in a terrorist organization, and his defense attorney previously said he planned to plead guilty to most of the charges.

He could be sentenced to up to 20 years in prison. He is facing trial alongside Arda K., whose full name also has not been made public. They, along with a third man, planned to carry out simultaneous attacks in Saudi Arabia, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates during Ramadan in 2024 in the name of the Islamic State group. Beran A. and Arda K. never carried out their attacks.

Beran A.’s defense attorney, Anna Mair, on Monday told The Associated Press that her client planned to plead guilty to most of the charges but she did not specify which ones. Only Beran A. was charged in connection with thegathered outside Ernst Happel Stadium — up to 30,000 each night, with another 65,000 inside the venue — with knives or homemade explosives. The suspect hoped to “kill as many people as possible,” authorities said in 2024.

The U.S. provided intelligence that fed into the decision to cancel the concerts.ahead of the planned attack. Prosecutors say they discussed purchasing weapons and making bombs, and that the defendant also sought to illegally buy weapons in the days ahead of the performance.

In addition, he swore allegiance to the militant group. Authorities searched his apartment on Aug. 7, 2024 and found bomb-making materials. The concerts were scheduled to begin the next day.posted to Instagram two weeks later.

“The reason for the cancellations filled me with a new sense of fear, and a tremendous amount of guilt because so many people had planned on coming to those shows. ” The trial is being held in Wiener Neustadt, about an hour south of Vienna. The proceedings are set to continue May 12.

Prosecutors have also filed terrorism-related charges against Arda K. in the trial in connection with the plan for simultaneous attacks in Saudi Arabia, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates. The third man in that plot, Hasan E., allegedly stabbed a security guard with a knife at the Grand Mosque in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, on March 11, 2024. He was arrested and remains in pretrial detention in Saudi Arabia, Austrian prosecutors said.

Beran A. and Arda K. did not carry out their plans in Turkey and the UAE. Beran A. returned to Vienna and then allegedly began plotting to attack a Swift concert there.in Manchester, England, that killed 22 people. The bomb detonated at the end of Grande’s concert as thousands of young fans were leaving, becoming the deadliest extremist attack in the United Kingdom in recent years.

By entering your email and clicking Sign Up, you're agreeing to let us send you customized marketing messages about us and our advertising partners. You are also agreeing to our

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

HuffPostCanada /  🏆 61. in CA

Austria

 

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Driver who killed Ontario father of 3 pleads guiltyDriver who killed Ontario father of 3 pleads guiltyThe driver who struck and killed an Ontario father of 3 last summer has pleaded guilty.
Read more »

Oshawa Man Pleads Guilty in Fatal Head-On CrashOshawa Man Pleads Guilty in Fatal Head-On CrashA man from Oshawa has pleaded guilty to multiple charges related to a 2025 crash near Whitchurch-Stouffville, Ontario, that resulted in the death of a father and injuries to his wife and daughters. The driver pleaded guilty to dangerous driving causing death, failing to remain at the scene, and dangerous operation of a vehicle.
Read more »

Calgary Man Pleads Guilty to Manslaughter in Stabbing CaseCalgary Man Pleads Guilty to Manslaughter in Stabbing CaseA Calgary man initially facing a second-degree murder trial has pleaded guilty to manslaughter after reaching a plea agreement with prosecutors. The man admitted to stabbing the victim multiple times with scissors, but argued he lacked the intent for murder. Sentencing is pending.
Read more »

Driver pleads guilty in crash that killed father of 3, spurred calls for tougher lawsDriver pleads guilty in crash that killed father of 3, spurred calls for tougher lawsA driver in a head-on crash that killed a father of three last August pleaded guilty on Monday in the case that prodded the Ontario government to seek tougher dangerous driving penalties.
Read more »

Former Alabama tackle pleads guilty to defrauding investors using wigs to impersonate NFL playersFormer Alabama tackle pleads guilty to defrauding investors using wigs to impersonate NFL playersA former defensive tackle at the University of Alabama pleaded guilty Monday to defrauding investors of millions of dollars by putting on makeup and wigs to impersonate NFL players.
Read more »

Driver pleads guilty in crash that killed father of 3, spurred calls for tougher lawsDriver pleads guilty in crash that killed father of 3, spurred calls for tougher lawsA driver in a head-on crash that killed a father of three last August pleaded guilty on Monday in the case that prodded the Ontario government to seek tougher dangerous driving penalties.
Read more »



Render Time: 2026-05-24 17:54:52