A long-term care facility in London, Ont. is facing charges under the Occupational Health and Safety Act after a COVID-19 outbreak that killed a registered nurse.
The Ontario Nurses Association welcomes the charges, but says the tragedy could have been prevented with greater oversight.
Beattie had been working overnights at the Kensington Village long-term care home for about 18 months, but had been a nurse for 23 years. He was among eight staff to test positive. McKenna added, "He was the guy out front of this and he is the guy that succumbs to COVID-19. It's just…there's no other word to describe it other than tragedy."Failing to provide one or more written notices of occupational illness to a director under s. 52 of the Act.
Minister of Long-Term Care Rod Phillips said he can't speak directly to the charges against Kensington Village because it's a matter before the courts.
Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
More than $100,000 in fines following second weekend of parties in Kingston, Ont.
Read more »
Accused killer in Ajax, Ont., says he didn't have mental state to commit 3 murdersA man accused of murdering a woman and two of her children east of Toronto argued Monday that he was mentally “inanimate” at the time and lacked the criminal intent required to be found guilty in the case.
Read more »
Middlesex London Health Unit amends Section 22 Order for social distancing in bars, restaurants - London | Globalnews.caIn keeping with the province's recent announcement, The Middlesex London Health Unit has amended its Section 22 Class Order for social distancing in bars and restaurants.
Read more »
Nurse creates baby registry after a mother dies of COVID-19 before meeting her babyAn Arkansas nurse created a baby registry for a new father after his unvaccinated wife died of COVID-19 before meeting their baby.
Read more »
Ontario to spend $20-million to double number of long-term care home inspectors in provinceOntario Long-Term Care Minister Rod Phillips says the funds will create a ratio of one inspector for every two long-term care homes and will allow for more pro-active visits
Read more »