Kabul Government Tells Most of Its Female Workers to Stay Home

Canada News News

Kabul Government Tells Most of Its Female Workers to Stay Home
Canada Latest News,Canada Headlines
  • 📰 Slate
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 23 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 13%
  • Publisher: 51%

It was the latest example of how the new Taliban-led government is quickly curtailing the rights and liberties of women in Afghanistan.

, the interim mayor of Afghanistan’s capital said Sunday. The one exception is for women who cannot be replaced by men, including some members of the design and engineering departments and the attendants at public bathrooms for women.

The Taliban “found it necessary to stop women from working for a while,” Hamdullah Namony, the interim Kabul mayor, said. “There are some areas that men can’t do it, we have to ask our female staff to fulfill their duties, there is no alternative for it.” Before the Taliban takeover of the country last month, a little less than one-third of the city’s 3,000 employees were women. It isn’t clear exactly how many are now being forced to stay home.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

Slate /  🏆 716. in US

Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

U.S. says Kabul drone strike killed 10 civilians, including children, in 'tragic mistake'U.S. says Kabul drone strike killed 10 civilians, including children, in 'tragic mistake'General Frank McKenzie, the head of U.S. Central Command said that a drone strike in Kabul last month killed as many as 10 civilians, including seven children, and apologized for what he said was a ‘tragic mistake’
Read more »

US 'apologises' for Kabul drone strike that killed civiliansUS 'apologises' for Kabul drone strike that killed civiliansTop general Frank McKenzie admits US had made a 'mistake' when it launched a drone strike against suspected Daesh militants in Afghan capital Kabul on August 29, confirming it killed 10 civilians instead.
Read more »

Chinese state media calls botched U.S. drone strike in Kabul 'terrorism,' demands penaltyChinese state media calls botched U.S. drone strike in Kabul 'terrorism,' demands penalty'We strongly call on the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague to investigate this matter,' the Global Times wrote.
Read more »

Pentagon Admits Kabul Drone Strike Was “Horrible Mistake” That Killed 10 CiviliansPentagon Admits Kabul Drone Strike Was “Horrible Mistake” That Killed 10 CiviliansOfficials had insisted the last U.S. drone strike before American troops withdrew from Afghanistan had prevented an imminent attack.
Read more »

Taliban-run Kabul municipality orders female workers to stay homeTaliban-run Kabul municipality orders female workers to stay homeWomen who work both in the public and private sectors in many areas across the country have been told to stay home despite initial promises by some Taliban that they would be tolerant and inclusive.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 03:00:54