Google confirms that some users of Google Takeout recently received private videos uploaded by people they don't know.
-owned Google is now telling some users that their videos may have been downloaded by strangers.
“We are notifying people about a bug that may have affected users who used Google Takeout to export their Google Photos content between November 21 and November 25,” a Google spokesperson told CNBC. “These users may have received either an incomplete archive, or videos—not photos—that were not theirs. We fixed the underlying issue and have conducted an in-depth analysis to help prevent this from ever happening again. We are very sorry this happened.
Google said fewer than 0.01% of people who exported data during the time period were affected. It’s unclear how many users that actually amounts to. The news was first reported by
Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Google Parent Alphabet Is No Longer A $1 Trillion Company After Latest Earnings MissI am a New York—based reporter for Forbes, covering breaking news—with a focus on financial topics. Previously, I've reported at Money Magazine, The Villager NYC, and The East Hampton Star. I graduated from the University of St Andrews in 2018, majoring in International Relations and Modern History. Follow me on Twitter skleb1234 or email me at sklebnikovforbes.com
Read more »
Google Parent Alphabet Is No Longer A $1 Trillion Company After Latest Earnings MissI am a New York—based reporter for Forbes, covering breaking news—with a focus on financial topics. Previously, I've reported at Money Magazine, The Villager NYC, and The East Hampton Star. I graduated from the University of St Andrews in 2018, majoring in International Relations and Modern History. Follow me on Twitter skleb1234 or email me at sklebnikovforbes.com
Read more »
Justice Department’s Antitrust Chief Recuses Himself From Google ProbeMakan Delrahim, the Justice Department’s chief antitrust enforcement official, has recused himself from the department’s investigation into whether Alphabet’s Google is unlawfully suppressing competition.
Read more »
Artist tricks Google Maps into recording traffic jam with 99 cellphones and a wagonAn artist in Berlin tricked Google Maps into believing there was heavy traffic on one of the city's main thoroughfares with just a wagon full of cellphones—and no cars.
Read more »
Man Uses 99 Phones in Wagon to Create Fake Traffic Jam on Google MapsBut why doesn't the same thing happen with a bus full of people on phones?
Read more »