Family alleges Quebec care home ‘caused the deaths of at least 68 residents’

Canada News News

Family alleges Quebec care home ‘caused the deaths of at least 68 residents’
Canada Latest News,Canada Headlines
  • 📰 CTVNews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 34 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 17%
  • Publisher: 99%

A family of a woman who died due to COVID-19 after living at a hard hit long-term care home in Montreal is seeking legal action against the care home for negligence.

The suit alleges that Vigi failed to inform families about COVID-19 at the facility and acted recklessly by “neglecting to maintain, monitor and repair its ventilation system.”

“Due to the exceptional nature and the gross negligence,” the suit reads, the group “is entitled to demand a sum in payment for exemplary damages.” “A registered nurse, who had been dispatched to Vigi Mont-Royal, Catherine Levesque, published a video and a comment on Facebook, in which she denounced the situation of the residence, which she described as being a ‘big human carnage,'” the document reads.

The provincial workplace health and safety board opened an investigation into conditions, the military was dispatched, which found, according to the document, issues with the ventilations system, staff shortages and lack of personal protective equipment.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

CTVNews /  🏆 1. in CA

Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Quebec says 41 students and staff tested positive for COVID-19 since reopeningQuebec says 41 students and staff tested positive for COVID-19 since reopeningA survey of school boards conducted May 25 found that 19 students and 22 staff members were found to be infected in the first two weeks following the reopening
Read more »

Quebec says 41 students and staff have tested positive for COVID-19 since reopeningQuebec says 41 students and staff have tested positive for COVID-19 since reopening
Read more »

More than 40 COVID-19 cases identified in Quebec schools since reopeningMore than 40 COVID-19 cases identified in Quebec schools since reopeningHealth officials have identified 19 cases among students and 22 among staff since primary schools reopened outside Montreal on May 11
Read more »

Quebec town across from N.B. community with COVID outbreak gets testing centreQuebec town across from N.B. community with COVID outbreak gets testing centreThe mayor of a small town in eastern Quebec says residents are breathing a small sigh of relief after he pushed to open a COVID-19 testing unit in his community over concerns that residents may have been in contact with a New Brunswick health-care professional who tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
Read more »

Quebec breaks another low bar with 419 new COVID-19 casesQuebec breaks another low bar with 419 new COVID-19 casesThere are now a total of 50,651 COVID-19 cases confirmed in Quebec and 4,439 people have died due to the virus.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 23:56:31