'Egregious and appalling': Trudeau, Canadian officials react to attacks on Bucha

Canada News News

'Egregious and appalling': Trudeau, Canadian officials react to attacks on Bucha
Canada Latest News,Canada Headlines
  • 📰 CTVNews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 65 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 29%
  • Publisher: 99%

Canadian leaders are condemning civilian killings in Ukraine after the Russian retreat to the southeast revealed Ukrainian towns scattered with the bodies of those murdered by Russian troops.

Canadian leaders are condemning civilian killings in Ukraine after the Russian retreat to the southeast revealed Ukrainian towns scattered with bodies.that Canadians “strongly condemn the murder of civilians in Ukraine, remain committed to holding the Russian regime accountable, and will continue to do everything we can to support the people of Ukraine.His tweet linked“The news of the senseless murder of innocent civilians in Ukraine, including in Bucha, is shocking,” she wrote.

“Canada will not spare any effort, including investigations of war crimes, to ensure that those responsible are held to account.”that Russian soldiers had killed more than 300 residents of the town. Many of those slain had been lying in the streets for days, with photos showing some civilians crumpled on the ground with grocery bags still in hand, or bicycles tipped over with them.

Locals who had stayed hidden while Russian troops were occupying the town told reporters that civilians were killed indiscriminately, without having done anything to provoke attack.Russian President Vladimir Putin would be “forever associated with crimes of cruelty and savagery.”“The guilty must - and will - be brought to justice.”

Defence Minister Anita Anand joined colleagues in expressing horror at the “brutal murder of innocent civilians in Ukraine. “We will continue to apply maximum pressure against the Russian regime and assist Ukraine through economic, humanitarian and military aid,” sheWe strongly condemn the murder of civilians in Ukraine, remain committed to holding the Russian regime accountable, and will continue to do everything we can to support the people of Ukraine. Those responsible for these egregious and appalling attacks will be brought to justice.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

CTVNews /  🏆 1. in CA

Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Canada condemns Russia’s attack on Bucha, will ‘do everything we can’ to help Ukraine - National | Globalnews.caCanada condemns Russia’s attack on Bucha, will ‘do everything we can’ to help Ukraine - National | Globalnews.caPrime Minister Justin Trudeau and other world leaders condemned Russia on Sunday for its recent attack on the Ukrainian town of Bucha and the reported murder of over 300 civilians.
Read more »

Ukraine says 410 bodies found in Bucha, witnesses traumatizedUkraine says 410 bodies found in Bucha, witnesses traumatizedRussia has denied the allegations that it troops killed civilians in Bucha
Read more »

Bodies, rubble line the streets of Bucha following Russian retreatBodies, rubble line the streets of Bucha following Russian retreatRussian forces withdrew from Bucha, a town of 37,000 northwest of Kyiv, and other suburbs of the capital in recent days, leaving a trail of destruction
Read more »

Ukraine accuses retreating Russians of civilian massacreUkraine accuses retreating Russians of civilian massacreUkraine's troops found brutalized bodies with bound hands, gunshot wounds to the head and signs of torture after Russian soldiers withdrew from the outskirts of Kyiv, authorities said Sunday, sparking new calls for a war crimes investigation and sanctions against Russia.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 07:42:29