COVID Crisis Task Force Working To Resolve The “Scandal” Of Production Insurance

Canada News News

COVID Crisis Task Force Working To Resolve The “Scandal” Of Production Insurance
Canada Latest News,Canada Headlines
  • 📰 DEADLINE
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 50 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 23%
  • Publisher: 63%

EXCLUSIVE: “The single biggest obstacle to getting back to work is production insurance,” the head of UK producers group PACT has told us. PACT chief John McVay has been working with broadcasters a…

: “The single biggest obstacle to getting back to work is production insurance,” the head of UK producers groupPACT chief John McVay has been working with broadcasters and leading production firms as part of the BFI’stask force, which was set up in response to the pandemic. McVay is chairing the domestic broadcasters working group, which has identified insurance as a key concern. We understand the group includes leading TV execs such as All3Media COO Sara Geater and Argonon CEO James Burstall.

The UK production sector generates billions of pounds in spend each year but all shoots have been suspended since the UK government implemented a lockdown last month. One leading UK film and TV producer told us, “It will become much harder. The bond companies and insurers will want to exclude those clauses which will make financing more difficult.”A spokesperson for the government told us, “We are aware of this issue and are working closely with the sector to understand the full extent of concerns. The Government recognises that businesses who do not have appropriate insurance cover will require support from elsewhere.

“There are existing policies that aren’t being paid out,” he said. “We’ve had members who have had to spend hundreds of thousands to suspend production and they aren’t getting that money back.” We’ve heard from one UK media company that has appointed top UK law firm Mishcon de Reya as its lead counsel in a legal action against UK insurer Hiscox.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

DEADLINE /  🏆 109. in US

Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Malta reports no new COVID-19 cases for first time since crisis beganMalta reports no new COVID-19 cases for first time since crisis beganMalta has had no new case of COVID-19 in the past 24 hours for the first time since the crisis began, and will start rolling back some of the restrictions imposed to contain the coronavirus in the coming days, Health Minister Chris Fearne said on Sunday.
Read more »

Mickey Rourke Fantasy Horror Movie ‘Warhunt’ Wraps After Shooting During Covid-19 Crisis (EXCLUSIVE)Mickey Rourke Fantasy Horror Movie ‘Warhunt’ Wraps After Shooting During Covid-19 Crisis (EXCLUSIVE)World War II fantasy horror movie “Warhunt,” starring Mickey Rourke, has wrapped after it continued shooting during the Covid-19 crisis. The crew on the project, which shot in Riga, cap…
Read more »

Nursing homes push governors for legal immunity during COVID-19 crisisNursing homes push governors for legal immunity during COVID-19 crisisAs the coronavirus death toll climbs, the nursing home industry is asking states for immunity from lawsuits for owners and employees of the nation's 15,600 facilities.
Read more »

How Diversity Heads Are Steering Their Companies Through The COVID-19 CrisisHow Diversity Heads Are Steering Their Companies Through The COVID-19 CrisisThe coronavirus has forced chief diversity officers to think creatively about how best to support their remote talent.
Read more »

UK retailers suffer worst month since 2008 as COVID crisis hits: CBIUK retailers suffer worst month since 2008 as COVID crisis hits: CBIBritish retailers suffered their biggest fall in sales since the 2008 financial crisis in the first half of April as the coronavirus kept shoppers at home and forced store closures, the Confederation of British Industry said on Tuesday.
Read more »

England's hospital COVID-19 death toll rises to 18,420England's hospital COVID-19 death toll rises to 18,420The number of people who have died in hospitals in England after testing positive for the new coronavirus has risen to 18,420, up by 336 in 24 hours, the National Health Service said on Sunday.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 02:54:15