The ex-president was 'pouring gasoline on the fire' during the Capitol attack, the inquiry hears.
Ex-US President Donald Trump watched last year's Capitol riot on TV at the White House, ignoring his children and aides who "begged him" to rebuke the mob, a congressional inquiry has heard.The primetime hearing was told Mr Trump did not place a single call to law enforcement or national security staff.
Amid the highest inflation in four decades, Mr Biden's approval rating has fallen to the lowest level of any White House incumbent in the modern era at this stage in a presidency. The lawmaker also said the chief White House photographer had wanted to take pictures during the historic event, but was told not to.A former White House national security staffer, whose voice was obscured to conceal his identity, said officials in the executive mansion were "in a state of shock" over what was unfolding at the Capitol.
The president's children, Ivanka Trump and Don Jr, had also wanted him to call off the rioters, the committee heard.
Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Donald Trump says final goodbye to ex-wife Ivana Trump at emotional funeralFormer US president Donald Trump paid his respects to his first wife, Ivana Trump, joining their three children at a funeral Mass in New York.
Read more »
Ivana Trump funeral: Ivanka, Donald Trump Jr, others arrive at New York churchIvana Trump's children Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr were among family members who arrived at a New York church for their last goodbyes.
Read more »
If Trump Was ‘Joe Blow From Kokomo,' He Would Have Been Charged With Crimes, Former New York Prosecutor SaysA former special New York prosecutor in a interview said that if Donald Trump “had been Joe Blow from Kokomo, we would have indicted without a big debate.” “I believe that Donald Trump, in fact, was guilty and, second, that there was sufficient evidence as a matter of law to have sustained a guilty verdict,” said Mark Pomerantz. Pomerantz and…
Read more »
Criminal probe launched into January 6 deleted Secret Service textsBREAKING: A criminal investigation has been opened into deleted Secret Service text messages from around the January 6 Capitol riot.
Read more »