Calls being made to a trafficking helpline have increased after Sir Mo Farah opened up about his personal story of being trafficked into the UK as a child and made to work as a servant, a charity has revealed.
Calls being made to a trafficking helpline have increased afteropened up about his personal story of being trafficked into the UK as a child and made to work as a servant, a charity has revealed.
‘The truth is I’m not who you think I am,’ said the 39-year-old athlete, who was born Hussein Abdi Kahin, before stating: ‘When I was four my dad was killed in the civil war, as a family we were torn apart. I was separated from my mother, and I was brought into the UK illegally under the name of another child called Mohamed Farah.
Meanwhile, 368 people contacted the charity in total through their various platforms, marking a rise of 49.
Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Sir Mo Farah: Calls to trafficking helpline go up after revelationTrafficking charity Unseen says some callers said Sir Mo's story had inspired them to reach out.
Read more »
Sir Mo Farah: Calls to trafficking helpline go up after revelationTrafficking charity Unseen says some callers said Sir Mo's story had inspired them to reach out.
Read more »
'First Scottish gig was one of our best ever', Yes Sir, I Can Boogie band saysBaccara, the band behind Yes Sir, I Can Boogie, said their first ever Scottish concert last week was one of the best gigs they've ever played
Read more »
Ballymena: Wrightbus founder Sir William Wright diesSir William Wright founded the Ballymena bus manufacturing firm with his father in 1946.
Read more »
Ukraine war: Rally held in Belfast calls for continued support for countryCrowds have gathered in Belfast to show solidarity with Ukraine five months on from the invasion
Read more »
Liz Truss calls for 'more action' from France as families face 11-hour queues in DoverLiz Truss has called on 'more action' from France to tackle hours-long queues at the Port of Dover on Friday and Saturday.
Read more »