California boat fire: Raising sunken Conception is a crucial step as investigation widens

Canada News News

California boat fire: Raising sunken Conception is a crucial step as investigation widens
Canada Latest News,Canada Headlines
  • 📰 latimes
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 18 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 10%
  • Publisher: 82%

Officials will attempt to raise the sunken Conception — where 34 people died in a boat fire on Labor Day — as the investigation into the disaster intensified. Sources familiar with the probe said the boat could be towed back to shore as soon as Wednesday.

Brown said he consulted with local, state and federal authorities before making the decision to not conduct autopsies. External examination and toxicology samples were taken from each victim, he said. The final ruling on the causes of death will not come until a formal cause of the fire is established, he added.

Coroner’s officials employed a rapid DNA analysis tool that compares genetic profiles of the victims with family samples collected using a cheek swab. DNA samples have been collected from relatives across the country and from as far away as India and Japan. FBI field offices across the globe have helped collect samples, Brown said.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

latimes /  🏆 11. in US

Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Criminal investigation opens into fire aboard California dive boat: sourceCriminal investigation opens into fire aboard California dive boat: sourceFederal authorities are conducting a criminal investigation into the fire on a C...
Read more »

Was the California boat fire a crime? Investigators search for answersWas the California boat fire a crime? Investigators search for answersCalifornia boat fire: What investigators are trying to uncover
Read more »

Search warrants served on owner in dive boat disaster that killed 34Search warrants served on owner in dive boat disaster that killed 34Investigators executed search warrants Sunday on the headquarters of the company that operated the charter dive boat that caught fire on Labor Day and sank off the coast of Southern California, killing 34 people trapped by flames.
Read more »

California boat fire: FBI, Coast Guard serve search warrants on Conception ownerCalifornia boat fire: FBI, Coast Guard serve search warrants on Conception ownerFederal investigators served search warrants at the company that operated the Conception dive boat on which 34 people were killed in a fire that swept through the vessel while it was anchored off Santa Cruz Island on Labor Day.
Read more »

Salvage efforts to recover Conception dive boat off Santa Cruz Island have been suspendedSalvage efforts to recover Conception dive boat off Santa Cruz Island have been suspendedSalvage efforts to recover Conception boat off Santa Cruz Island have been suspended
Read more »

Search warrants served in California boat fire investigationSearch warrants served in California boat fire investigationAuthorities are serving search warrants at the California company that owned the scuba diving boat that caught fire and killed 34 people last week.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 05:42:00