As Coronavirus Spreads, China Cinemas Make Costly Choice to Shut Over New Year Holiday

Canada News News

As Coronavirus Spreads, China Cinemas Make Costly Choice to Shut Over New Year Holiday
Canada Latest News,Canada Headlines
  • 📰 Variety
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 46 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 22%
  • Publisher: 63%

China’s cinemas are shutting down during the Lunar New Year holidays as the country is gripped by the deadly coronavirus epidemic. The news comes after seven titles collectively pulled out from the…

China’s cinemas are shutting down during the Lunar New Year holidays as the country is gripped by the deadly coronavirus epidemic. The news comes after seven titles collectively pulled out from their scheduled new year release on Thursday. The virus has so far led to quarantine measures in at least 10 cities in Hubei province [...

The 70th edition of the Berlinale will open with Philippe Falardeau’s anticipated “My Salinger Year,” headlined by a powerful female duo, Sigourney Weaver and Margaret Qualley. Set in New York’s literary world in the 90’s, the coming-of-age story is based on Joanna Rakoff’s international bestseller and follows Joanna , who leaves graduate school to pursue [...]The year is 1989 and New Jack Swing is about to push black culture from the margins to the mainstream.

Deeply personal but indulgently campy, Justin Simien’s Sundance opener “Bad Hair” is a genre-blending horror show that the director said serves as a tribute to the struggles of black women. The mind behind “Dear White People” staged the world premiere for the project at Park City’s Ray Theater on Thursday night, before a cast that [...]Fly-on-the-wall portraits of pop-music stars used to be dominated by, you know, pop music.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

Variety /  🏆 108. in US

Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Coronavirus Threatens Spending Ahead of Chinese New YearCoronavirus Threatens Spending Ahead of Chinese New YearRetailers saw a 50 percent drop in traffic and Chinese New Year plans got canceled, while luxury brands saw mixed results in the stock market.
Read more »

Chinese New Year Films Shelved Amid Coronavirus OutbreakChinese New Year Films Shelved Amid Coronavirus OutbreakAmid the outbreak of the deadly coronavirus, Chinese producers and distributors have pulled the release of all films set for the Lunar New Year period that begins this weekend. There were seven pot…
Read more »

Chinese New Year Film Releases Cancelled in Response to CoronavirusChinese New Year Film Releases Cancelled in Response to CoronavirusThe releases of all new movies this week in China have been cancelled as a response to the outbreak of the deadly coronavirus. The move is a massive blow for the Chinese film industry. Seven major …
Read more »

Coronavirus: Three Chinese Cities On Lockdown And Beijing Cancels Lunar New Year Events To Prevent SpreadCoronavirus: Three Chinese Cities On Lockdown And Beijing Cancels Lunar New Year Events To Prevent SpreadThree Chinese cities in Hubei province have had transport networks suspended ahead of the Lunar New Year holiday, while Beijing has cancelled major events in a bid to limit the spread of the deadly coronavirus.
Read more »

Imax Delays Chinese New Year Movie Releases Amid Coronavirus OutbreakImax Delays Chinese New Year Movie Releases Amid Coronavirus Outbreak'The safety of Chinese audiences is our top priority,' Imax said of supporting the industry decision to postpone the release of films on its giant screens.
Read more »

Axing Hong Kong's Lunar New Year party essential for coronavirus 'crisis,' MTR chief saysAxing Hong Kong's Lunar New Year party essential for coronavirus 'crisis,' MTR chief saysA decision by the Hong Kong government to scrap major Lunar New Year celebrations due to the coronavirus outbreak is intended to ensure citizens are prepared for the 'crisis to come,' according to Jacob Kam, CEO of majority state-owned rail operator MTR Corporation.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 09:40:01