Deputy leader suggests inquiry follow model used for Walkerton E. coli inquiry
NDP deputy leader Sarah Hoffman told a news conference on Saturday the inquiry would ideally be headed by a retired judge and should follow the model used by the Walkerton inquiry, which probed an E. coli outbreak in 2000 that killed seven and sickened 2,300 in the Ontario town.
Hoffman noted it also warned about the effects that outbreaks would have on staffing, but a spokesman for Health Minister Tyler Shandro says Alberta has already made significant progress on one of the recommendations by filling more than 1,000 vacancies for registered nurses in the past year. Hoffman earlier this week also called for an inquiry, saying part of the reason one was necessary was Shandro hadn’t released the review of the first wave response.Story continues below advertisement
Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Kenney fires back after Alberta NDP call for release of internal COVID-19 modellingNDP ask Jason Kenney to release internal modelling government says supported its decision to eliminate COVID-19 public heath measures
Read more »
Mixed response to review of Alberta government’s handling of first wave of Covid-19 | Globalnews.caCritics respond to the Alberta government's long-awaited report card into its COVID-19 response during the first wave of the pandemic.
Read more »
Kenney fires back after Alberta NDP call for release of internal COVID-19 modellingNDP ask Jason Kenney to release internal modelling government says supported its decision to eliminate COVID-19 public heath measures
Read more »
Quebec to get vaccine passport system amid fears province is entering fourth wave of COVID-19\u0027We\u0027ll put in place the passport (so) people who made an effort to be vaccinated, that they are able to come back to a normal life,\u0027 Premier Legault said
Read more »
Alberta's top doctor defends plan to lift COVID restrictions after federal health minister expresses concernsCALGARY — Alberta’s top doctor is defending the province’s plan to lift all its COVID\u002D19 public health restrictions despite mounting concerns from physicians…
Read more »
Federal health officials question Alberta scienceFederal health officials are questioning Alberta's dropping restrictions. Kathy Le reports
Read more »