317 COVID-19 investigations on Alberta First Nation amid jump in cases

Canada News News

317 COVID-19 investigations on Alberta First Nation amid jump in cases
Canada Latest News,Canada Headlines
  • 📰 CTVNews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 43 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 20%
  • Publisher: 99%

A First Nation east of Calgary has ordered a curfew to be put in place as a result of a spike in suspected COVID-19 cases.

Chief Ouray Crowfoot of the Siksika First Nation made the announcement Friday following a meeting with his council members about the outbreak.

"Based on the information, council has decided to institute a temporary curfew on the nation," Chief Crowfoot said in his statement."The goal of this curfew is to help control the spread of this virus," Crowfoot continued. "Should you need to be out past this curfew for work or other reasons, we can address these on an as needed basis."Earlier this week, officials on the First Nationinto possible COVID-19 cases. Just five days earlier, there were 58 investigations.

By Friday, the nation said there are 317 active investigations ongoing. There are currently 10 active cases of the illness and almost 100 individuals or households both on and off the reserve are under isolation orders.-10 active cases are currently in Siksika Nation;-90 individuals or households are on isolation, 9 outside Siksika.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

CTVNews /  🏆 1. in CA

Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Quebec reports over 100 new COVID-19 cases for the first time in two weeksQuebec reports over 100 new COVID-19 cases for the first time in two weeksQuebec public health authorities reported 102 new COVID-19 cases Saturday, along with six new deaths due to the virus.
Read more »

Nunavut reports its first presumptive case of COVID-19Nunavut reports its first presumptive case of COVID-19Dr. Michael Patterson, the territory’s chief public health officer, says the person recently travelled to Nunavut for a job and is isolating from co-workers and doing well
Read more »

Presumption COVID-19 case in Nunavut, may be territory's first infectionPresumption COVID-19 case in Nunavut, may be territory's first infectionNunavut is reporting what may be its first case of COVID-19. Dr. Michael Patterson, the territory's chief public health officer, says there is a presumptive infection of a worker at the Mary River Mine, 176 kilometres southwest of Pond Inlet.
Read more »

N.B. reports no new cases of COVID-19 for tenth straight day; two active cases remainN.B. reports no new cases of COVID-19 for tenth straight day; two active cases remainNew Brunswick reported no new cases of COVID-19 on Friday – marking ten consecutive days without a positive case.
Read more »

3 new cases of COVID-19 identified in Kingston region, total now 963 new cases of COVID-19 identified in Kingston region, total now 96KFL&A Public Health has identified three new cases of COVID-19 in the Kingston region, bringing the region's total active cases up to 33.
Read more »

Confusion as health unit effectively shuts down farm operation over COVID-19 casesConfusion as health unit effectively shuts down farm operation over COVID-19 casesSome asymptomatic workers who test positive are allowed to continue doing their jobs
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 23:26:34